- If you are using Git for development then you must use SorceTree for easy use of Git.
- SourceTree provide Graphical User Interface for using Git in development.
SourceTree installation : –
- you can download SorceTree from several sites but i prefer you to download it from sorcetree’s official website.
- Go to SourceTree website And download setup.
- After completing download double click on setup to install.
- SourceTree required Atlassians account to use it.
- select use existing account if you already have an atlassians account if not then select go to my atlassians and follow the steps to complete the process.
- To enter your account’s username and password, select Basic from the Authenticationdropdown.
- Follow the process until you’re done with the setup. If you are not ready to clone a repository, click Skip Setup.
Creating new Repository in SourceTree :
- Click on “Clone/New”
- Click “Create New Repository”
- In your “Destination Path”, select a folder path where you would like to save and work on your local repository.